01732 360 095
This policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations and requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
When someone visits www.newtonwaterproofing.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
We use a third party provider, Aweber, to deliver our monthly e-newsletters. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see Aweber’s privacy notice.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
We use anonymous session cookies (short-term cookies that disappear when you close your browser) to help you navigate the website and make the most of the features. If you log into the website, application or a course as a registered user, your session cookie will also contain your user ID so that we can check which services you are allowed to access.
Should users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Whilst using our website, software applications or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, email, telephone number, account details, etc.). We will use this information to administer our website, applications, sales, client databases and marketing material. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018. Further, by providing telephone, address and email details, you consent to Newton Waterproofing Systems contacting you using that method. You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information collection and use
How do we collect information?
Newton Waterproofing Systems collects information in two possible ways:
a. When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you sign up for our site, purchase our products or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing registration forms. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
b. When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”)
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone.
Who receives your personal data?
Your personal data will be treated as strcitly confidential and shared only with:
– Third party data processors such as our Newton Specialist Basement Contractors to offer you business related services. We have contracts in place with our data processors, which means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it and they must hold your data securely and retain it only for the period we instruct;
– Third party data processors (such as Google) to enable us to carry out or improve our ususal business practices;
– Legal and regulatory authorities who request your personal data or to report any potential or actual breach of applicable law or regulation;
– Law enforcement agencies, courts or other relevant party, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights;
– Third parties where necessary for the purposes of prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties;
– Third parties operating plugins or content (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) on our website which you choose to interact with.
How long do we keep your data for?
Newton Waterproofing Systems will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the Services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Sales or Technical team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related technical or sales services, reporting and trend analysis only.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you.
Newton Waterproofing Systems will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of filling out the site registration form, to anyone.
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
– You can verify the details you have submitted to Newton Waterproofing Systems by contacting us T: 01732 360095 email: email@example.com Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address.
– You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by Newton Waterproofing Systems regarding your profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted.
– You are also free to close your account through our account settings. If you do so, your account will be deactivated. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
– You can always feel free to update us on your details at any point by contacting us either by phone 01732 360095 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
– You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any emails from us.
– You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact us either by phone 01732 360095 or email email@example.com.
– You have the right to lodge complaints regarding the processing of your personal data with the Information Commissioner’s Office or other relevant supervisory body. Please see https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en for how to do this.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 19th July 2019.
How to contact us
Newton Waterproofing Systems
17-20 Sovereign Way
Our staff are able to provide guidance for projects of all sizes, whether you require some general advice about damp or waterproofing, or support with technical drawings and specifications.